Friday 14 January 2011

Why am I here?

I should confess that I'm already a user of many of the elements of the 23 Things programme, so am mainly interested in exploring some of the others. Obviously if you've never Doodled you haven't lived...

My blogging experience so far has revolved around targeting information at students (and staff) on specific courses, with mixed results. The students like the information, but seem to prefer to receive it either via email or to the Facebook group they use, so the blog ends up more as a dynamic archive. Not necessarily a bad thing...

Reservations? I have a few.

Am I just adding to the increasing noise out there?  Does the world need me to contribute another pile of words? Am I just talking to like-minded people? Am I going to write another sentence starting with the word "Am"?

Looking at some blog entries (and tweets) I often wonder why people think anybody cares what they are eating, whereabouts on a train they are sitting or what they did today. Maybe it's a generational thing, and I'm simply too old to want to share my every thought with the world.  As the song goes,

You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything.

Logically I should shut up at this point. So I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment